Wednesday, April 11, 2007

* Gordon Will Be On “Chicago Tonight”...

...Then @ Poitin Stil for a Reception
Tonight night on Wednesday, April 11 at 7:00pm, the WTTW Channel 11 "Chicago Tonight" show will focus on our 49th Ward Aldermanic Runoff Election. The show’s producers invited the candidates to participate weeks ago. I agreed immediately, but the current alderman declined. Yesterday he changed his mind and now says he will appear.

Such news media and community forums are great opportunities for open and honest dialogue on issues that affect voters and our community’s future. Voters deserve that and more. Unfortunately, the current alderman is establishing a pattern of refusing to discuss real issues in public. He refused to participate in two neighborhood candidate forums to which we were both invited following February’s Municipal Election. He refused an offer I made in March to debate the issues at Loyola University. He even refused last fall when we were invited to present our credentials and community plans to the Rogers Park Builders Group.

We voters expect our representatives to be accountable - that includes showing up, explaining their record, and offering insights into plans for the future. We expect our alderman to answer our questions, tackle problems, and show results. That’s how I view the job of alderman. That’s what I pledge to always do.

Please come and watch the television show with the Gordon Campaign Team at Poitin Stil, 1502 W. Jarvis Avenue. We’ll be there from 6:30pm until 9pm for cash bar and free pizza. I will arrive after the broadcast.

Sincerely,

Don Gordon
Democratic Candidate for 49th Ward Alderman

8 comments:

JakeCP said...

Hi I forgot what your e-mail was broken heart so i decided to leave a comment on the latest news. I am sickened to see that Joe Moore is airing commercials against Don Gordon. Do you know why? It shows that he can't pull this election off whith (supposedly) all fo the good things he has done for the community. He ought to be ashamed of himself airing commercials for an ALDERMANIC spot. Is it worth just that much to start airing commercials? It's time for Joe Moore to go because that neighborhood needs change. My grandmother used to live in that ward and now lives in the 50th. I used to visit her alot and you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many times I got scared to leave the train station at Jarvis or Howard, sometimes even Morse. It's not right to let people tear down a community that has so much potential! it's time for a change and if you rreadres were smart they would vote for Gordon. Oh by the way I don't think Howard is in that ward but it still was scary getting off at that "L" stop.

Dr O said...

After watching the segment it is obvious that Moore has NOTHING.
He is pulling out all the stops claiming, first, that Gordon is a republican because he accepted money from a republican; then he kept using the swift boat reference; then the blue lights.
Way to stay off the REAL issues of the 49th Moore!
I think Gordon did a good job of keeping on target and deflecting Moore's petty accusations.

Jim Witts said...

I just watched Chicago Tonight. Could Joe have been any more rude and immature? You could tell the moderator wanted to yell, "Shut the Hell Up!" to joe. I think thaat interview should push a few more people Don's way.

Jocelyn said...

Don Gordon is a knight in shining armour compared to Joe Moore. Joe bullied his way hogging as much air time as he could while Don looked reasonable, calm and stable.

Joe looked like a talking bobble head and didn't make much sense. And he was on the defensive the whole time.

Don is a neighbor. How nice would it be to have a REAL neighbor for Alderman? Not someone who just resides here and collects a big paycheck so he can do what he likes on our dime.

bloggerdaddy49 said...

If Don can't handle Joe one-on-one on Chicago Tonight, how is he gonna handle the City Council? Dorothy Tillman would eat that little man for a snack! Joe kicked Don's ass and he knows it. (Still want to demand more debates Don...?)

I saw Don and Harrington heading into Putin Still and they looked like they were going to a funeral. Really, I guess they were. Don is done. He joins the ranks of Hoover, Harrington and Humphrey in the "wanna be' category.

Toni said...

Jim W >Could Joe have been any more rude and immature?

Trust me, his teeny bopper behavior gets worse. I called his cell phone at 1:48am the night of the fire at 7706 N Marshfield. This FACT was mentioned to him in front of the building as he tried to jump in front of the cameras one more time. What was his response? it was more or less

Oh, excuse me for turning off my phone. Had I known you'd be calling I wouldn't have turned off the phone. I would have had it next to me on my pillow. Then he started his chidish rant of 'why don't you run for alderman?' and 'why don't you put your money where your mouth is'

All remarks were diversions from the question since a TV reporter was blatantly listening.

Bottom line: He showed up for the media, he showed up to cover up for Johnson, and last night he showed up to rant on and on about David Herro.

It's a pity this wannabe moderator had no control. Gee, did the SEIU make a big contribution to WTTW last week and buy this kid?

Anonymous said...

bloggerdaddy49 is Anne Sullivan.

bloggerdaddy49 said...

So I'm Anne Sullivan? No! I'm Wayne Frazier. No, I'm Kevin O'Neil. No, I'm Alex Armour. No, I'm Westgard.

Or maybe I'm Craig and I'm just yanking Don's banana (eeewww! Now THAT image will be in my head all day!) After all, Don wins this, and he goes back to being Craig's number one target. He may have to marry one of his daughters to him to keep him silent but of course it will be worth it. Anything to win, right?

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs