Tuesday, July 17, 2007

* BIke Path Injures Bicyclist


If anyone's ever used the bike path that runs from Pratt to Greenleaf knows, it's pot hole central.

Paul found out the hard way by hitting one of these monster holes with his bike. The net-result. $15,000 dollars in medical bills. A couple weeks missed work.

Problem here - This is nothing new. Joe Moore was been warned about this crappy path more than once. His willful neglect to get someone to repair these pot holes and gaping gaps in the path are his direct liability. As the so-called leader of this ward, it is HIS job to make sure EVERYTHING is safe. Joe Moore is neglecting the safety of the 49th ward residents everyday by allowing these paths to remain in this sorry condition.

If I were Paul, I'd file a lawsuit against Joe Moore and the Chicago Park District for pain and suffering. Not to mention the lost wages and medical costs.

BLOGNOTES: This isn't the first time.

10 comments:

Hillari said...

I tried roller skating there last year, and gave up. The uneven pavement and potholes wasn't worth me breaking something.

Natas said...

Learn how to skate then

rp said...

I've rollerbladed for over a decade in several cities and never have I seen a supposed path as treacherous as the one in question. If you think a person's inability to navigate this path has anything to do with their ability, natas, perhaps it is you who could stand a few skating lessons.

Gay Chicago Magazine said...

Look at Mr. Victim, claiming a pristine sidewalk as his birthright. Weep, weep, ye victims all, at the injustice of a rollerblader, unfairly restrained in the prime of life. Oh, the pathos! Oh, the agony! I am ENTITLED to a brand new sidewalk. I have no responsibility to choose sidewalks that are more recently repaired. I am a victim, dammit, and I am entitled to your pity!

How about stop whining about your victim status and fuck off?

Amy said...

I am ENTITLED to a brand new sidewalk.

Entitlement doesn't enter into it. We pay taxes for the upkeep of our infrastructure. Aren't you supposed to be on the side of the taxpayers, Bushie?

rp said...

Hey W, you're damn right we're entitled to well maintained sidewalks, just as we're entitled to police protection, fire department coverage, and everything else our taxes go towards.

I know you're not too familiar with the concept, but a public servant's job is to...pay attention now...serve the public! And yes, that can take the form of ensuring the public's sidewalks aren't a safety hazard.

Gay Chicago Magazine said...

Well, I suppose in a perfect world we could all get what we want all the time.

But in this world, if you don't have the money to pay for the things you want, you can either A) complain about it, or B) figure out a way to get the money for the thing you want.

Like it or not, you only really "get a say" if you have the money.

If you just complain, the best you can hope for is to block the one with the money from having his say (building a parking lot) But then you're left with a vacant building because you still don't have the money to fund the programs you're hoping to provide there. Then you're right back to the tired old argument you were trying to avoid in the first place..

But at least the homeless people will have a place to stay for a while.

Jocelyn said...

Gee, I swear I have read those comments before.

RP4Life said...

Natas you are an Idiot. Please find another blog to vent your stupid posts. Yes, I have a problem with you. You must be a child. Grow up.

Hillari said...

Natas,

I've known how to skate since I was 14. I attened the old Rainbo Roller Rink for 20 years before gentrification destroyed it.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs