Saturday, July 26, 2008

* Missing Children Alert (Update 2X) (FOUND)

Breaking Citywide News
The 'Broken Heart' of Rogers Park Amber Alert


Hi Craig,
My name is Clémentine, I am a new resident of Rogers Park, having lived in the neighborhood almost 1 year. I've been reading your blog for several months now, and I really appreciate your perspective on the neighborhood.

I am contacting you because I would like to get the word out about 2 missing boys, and I was hoping you could post something about them on your blog, in the hopes that more people can get involved in finding these kids.

I was approached by a police officer this morning at approximately 9:20 am while walking my dog at Loyola Park.

He asked me if I could keep my eyes peeled for two 9 year old Nigerian boys, a little over 5 feet tall, who went missing sometime last night.

They were at a summer camp at the corner of Broadway and Wilson, and knew their way home to the 1300 block of Touhy.

However, they never made it home last night.

According to the cop, their mother is a complete wreck that her boys are missing. Their names are Khalid and Ali I believe. One was wearing a red Phat Pharm shirt, the other was wearing a shirt with vertical stripes.

The cop instructed me to dial 911 if I see anyone matching this description. I would really appreciate your help with this, Craig! I feel so awful for both mother and kids...

And in missing persons, time is always of the essence. And the more people are involved, the better chances these kids have of being found. Thank you so much in advance! I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Clémentine

Blognotes: Everyone, please, keep an eye out for these two children. Let's bring them home safely to their very worried parents. Let's turn this into a good news story.

All big-media types. Any help would be great appreciated. You've got the big-buck resources and connections. Call media affairs. I'm just a little nobody, neighborhood blogger.

Update - 1:05 PM: The Chicago Journal, or 'The Rag' as Katy Hogan calls it, is the first to put out the media alert.

I still haven't heard her 88.7 Radio Station to put out an missing children alert. Neither has Joe 'I'm for the safety of the Children' Moore. After all, he claimed to be for the children this very morning and has claimed to have an alleged 5000 name email list to spread his gospel.

Update - 7:05 PM: The kids were found around 2:00 PM today at Sherwin and Sheridan. 

10 comments:

rogerspark60645 said...

Please provide pictures of the boys if possible. My heart goes out to their mother.

- Christine

been there said...

is there an amber alert? are they officially missing?

North Of Rogers said...

Why no amber alert? According to the guidelines I think this qualifies, they are in "Risk of serious bodily injury or Death" aren't they?

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

rawmedia said...

The 1st paragraph in the guideline states "AMBER plans require law enforcement to confirm an abduction prior to issuing an alert. This is essential when determining the level of risk to the child".

Craig Gernhardt said...

Abduction. Missing. Screw the wordplay. I don't give a crap what they call it. The public needs to be alerted.

Two 9 year old kids are missing. Since yesterday.

As for getting photos, I was lucky enough I got someone to confirm this missing child information.

The North Coast said...

This is tragic. We hear of this happening to so many kids.

It's really frightening. You literally can't let your kids out of your sight anymore.

A child who goes missing for a day needs an Amber Alert. I thought those alerts were for situations like this.

The North Coast said...

Thank God they were found!

This is one of the few such stories that has such a happy ending.

Now, the kids need to be grounded for a month or so, and told many horror stories, so they will learn that they can't just wander off.

I remember doing something like this as a kid, had my parents calling every police dept and hospital within a 50-mile radius of our house. WOW, but did I ever get my little butt burned when they found me!

DorothyParker007 said...

If these were two white/blond kids/girls they would be on Nancy Grace or CNN, the black girl was stab brutally on the south side, not on the national news. If your a white guy don't kill your wife youtwo will end up on Nancy Grace, but if your of color have at it, you'll never be on the news.

Madmom said...

Two NINE year olds commuting from Broadway and Wilson to Touhy ALONE?????

Sorry, but THAT'S the real crime.

The North Coast said...

The death of the little girl on the south side really is the tragedy of the year.

I'm really surprised this vile crime did not make the national news.

And I hope the State of IL does its worst to the perp; or if they can't, let the guys on the tiers at Stateville do THEIR worst on him.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs