Monday, September 29, 2008

Morning Coffee with Joe Moore

Joe was at Dunkin Donuts campaigning for Alderman this morning. Sure, his office will tell he's working this as a 'Satellite Service' office - it's nothing more than a way to score your email address for his political campaign propaganda email blasts.

As I walked to the door he was standing feet from with his campaign staff registering people to vote, he said... "Hi Craig, (long pause) you registered to vote?" As I leashed up Cota a couple feet from him, I said... "You know I am Joe - and please don't corrupt Cota while I'm getting coffee."

As I left Joe said to me... "Have a good day." I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic from the tone of his voice. I responded, "Don't screw up too much this week." I was serious.

In all fairness, that's one of the friendlier exchanges we've had in the last 6 years. We both chucked as Cota and I left. As did Alicia Lopez. Oh, by the way, Joe, if you read this, I did forget to mention something. The alley light is out between the new Morse Theatre and the new Reside on Morse. If that's not already on your service requests to get fixed, maybe you should put it on the "to do" list before one of the residents or patrons gets mugged.

7 comments:

Bill Morton said...

I saw Joe at the Howard Station passing out Dunkin' Donuts last Monday on my way to work. I don't think that he recognized me with my new look because he offered me a donut.

Also met him on the corner of Sheridan and Sherwin last night around 9pm. I congratulated him and his wife on their recent marriage, and continued on my way to Quest.

MadeInRogersPark said...

Isn't it early for another Aldermanic Race? I thought Joe was planning on taking over Jan's Congressional Seat while she heads for Obama's vacant Senate seat after the Presidential Election!
If Joe or Jan thought of the constituents they represent there wouldn't be any rush for these seats. I think if they are vacated the vacancies can be filled by appointment. What a messy life politics can be.
Joe too early for Aldermanic Race - Go home and start running again for office. YOu will look better at the next Back To School Pardae in the Park!
Whoopee!

Anonymous said...

I can picture the scenario with your morning cup of Joe.

Jocelyn said...

That's actually kind of a cute story and gave me a much needed chuckle this morning. Do I sense a reconciliation in the works? hahahahahaha

This is a very depressing week what with the financial bailout going on-what a mess.

Razldazlrr said...

Good story! Gave me a laugh!

been there said...

just to make sure people understand the process- (which, for all the talk, you would think i wouldn't need to point this our again) the governor gets to appoint a senator. i don't really think jan is all that high up on blaggo's list. i think she would be a great senator, but.... my guess is that he would like to get lisa madigan out of the way.
but should jan be chosen, there must be a special election within 120 days to fill the vacancy. nobody taps joe on the head and gives him a house seat.

Man On The Street said...

So who is your candidate for alderman for the next election? NOt too early to get their name out there.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs