Thursday, December 3, 2009

Large Disturbance At Sullivan Today

There was a rather large disturbance at Sullivan today. I was heading to the bathroom at about 1:15pm this afternoon with an aide from my program. When we got to the bathroom, there was about 10 to 15 kids (guys) hanging out in front of the bathroom. There was a security guard and the disciplinarian on scene, trying to break up the group. These guys were arguing too. I was a bit surprised by this, considering I haven't seen anything like that this school year so far. The good news is that the group was broken up. They dispersed in all directions. But I'm sure they met back up sometime later. Oh well.

Besides this quarrel, Sullivan was calm all week. Well, except for Tuesday afternoon, where a kid was arrested by four cops because he decided to fight the police when told (I guess) he was going to jail for something. Other than that, I only saw a couple of small arguments this week. Again, this year is nothing compared to last year. It's much better, but there still needs to be a little bit more done.

Update, 12/7/09: Boy, I feel like I spoke too soon about Sullivan. Today, there was several fights (more than five). I saw a couple of them. In one fight, a boy was beaten up. He may have been bleeding from his head because I saw him holding a paper towel to his head. Lots of arguments and clowning around today, too (way more than usual). Hopefully tomorrow, things will be more calmer.

Update, 12/8/09: Unfortunately, I have to make another update here. I wasn't going to, but I saw something which really angered me today. One of my classmates in our program goes up to a girl who he knows (who's remaining nameless because I'm not interested in stirring up a bunch of drama with her and getting suspended) everyday to say hi, right? Well, today, for some reason, he does this and what happens? She snaps on him, telling her to "leave me alone!" with a very nasty expression on her face. Her whole attitude seemed so nasty that I could barely keep myself from going up to her and saying something. I really wanted to say something. Luckily, I calmed down with the help of an aide (who gave me encouraging words), but this still makes me mad. And then, when he's gone, she tells her friends "god, he gets on my nerves!" Oh, he gets on your nerves, huh? If he does, don't waste your time speaking to him. Or to any of the other kids in my program for that matter. If these kids are going to be this way to my peers, why do they even waste their time talking to them? This is why I don't bother talking to most of these kids at school. The kids in my regular classes will tell you that. I'm the quietest one in class, usually. After years of mistreatment by your "regular" peers, you just don't bother anymore. But, I really want someone in charge to hold some kind of assembly or something because I'm sick of all of this mistreatment I see towards my peers. Enough is enough. They didn't do anything. They're just trying to overcome being autistic. If these kids don't want to help them do that, fine. But don't be friendly or anything to them either. Nobody wants to hear the verbal abuse anymore. That's all. I'm out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good reporting Timmy! I'm glad everything is better this year, but it does seem like there is still a bit that needs to be done.

Thanks for the update!

BG said...

No offense to Timmy. You do a great job! But What happened to this blog? The news on here are just Timmy's post. What happen to the old Broken Heart? There used to be a ton of updated info..... I find my self checking the site once every two weeks instead of once a day due to lack of content.

I do appreciate all the hard work to keep this blog going. I know its decent amount work.

Craig Gernhardt said...

Sorry BG, work and racing have taken a front seat to the blog this year. I promise 2010 will be better.

BG said...

I hear ya. I been racing MotoX for about 8 years now. I know how the weekends are. I really do appreciate this blog. Thank you for everything. No need to promise anything. Thanks again.

BG

MadeInRogersPark said...

Timmy I know you know it but during class time no one should be blocking the wash room. I am glad an aide was with you and I am happpy to learn the security and disciplinarian removed those do nothin's in your school. You are already successful and may your successes be blessed with 1000 more.

lafew said...

I'm glad to hear that things are improving this year. Have they done anything, differently?

Or is it just a more relaxed incoming Freshman class?

AvondaleLoganSquareCrimeBlotter said...

Lafew, I think since they've implemented several changes and kicked out the worst of the worst kids, it's gotten better. I also think it may be because we do have a more relaxed freshmen class. Actually, I have to say, some of the freshmen are calmer than some of the sophomores.

MTHRFCK said...

for example, http://cbs2chicago.com/local/red.line.robbery.2.1356454.html

Anonymous said...

Timmy - Unfortunately, kids your age can be very cruel to one another. I witnessed this growing up as I am sure many others on this blog have as well. The best you can do is tell the counselors / teachers of the wrong doing and consul your friend.

I know I witnessed many awful things when i was your age, as well been part of it. There was one kid I use to pick on, who never deserved anything. It stuck with me since 5th grade. 3 years ago, I found him on Facebook... I apologized to him for everything that I had done. Next time I go down to Louisville, we are going to have coffee and catch up.

I promise you that some of these things you see and hear will be regretted in the future... at least by some.

Just keep your head up and keep doing what you are doing and in the end, you will get the last laugh... I promise!

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs