Friday, August 29, 2008

* Gale Park Not Children Friendly - Part 2

Hi Craig,

So I stopped by Gale Park yesterday morning at the same time I did Monday, and there were 3 park district employees raking the mulch. I gave the park a good look before I let my guy play. No broken glass. Still a lot of trash, most of it too small to be picked up by a rake. The garbage issue comes down to people using the park in a respectful manner and putting trash in the can not on the ground.

I am not surprised that the park was in better condition, after all the regional office, the supervisor were both notified as well as making your blog.

After speaking with Sharon, the supervisor, and getting input from readers of your blog and members of my Meetup group, I have planned a weekly playdate at Gale Park for Thursday mornings at 10 a.m., beginning this Thursday September 4th. Anyone is welcome. We will meet by the benches east of the equipment.

Please pass the message on to your readers; we look forward to meeting more of our neighbors and spending time in our park.

Thanks,
Jeanne P.

9 comments:

Man On The Street said...

If I had a kid I would be there in a heartbeat to support this. Anyone know where I can rent a kid?

KIDDING! Just kidding...

Fargo Woman said...

Man on the street, I don't have any kids either but I intend to be there on Thursday to show my support. Are you with me?

- PEACE -

billyjoe said...

Off topic, but I figure Craig would enjoy this photo feature from the Village Voice:

http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/133704/1

billyjoe said...

Better link:

http://www.villagevoice.com/slideshow/view/133704

BillyJoe'sBrain said...

More self portraits, billyjoe? You should take your act on the road-a talking/typing piece of crap should make millions....

wantstoknow said...

Now this would be a good time for people to complain about a thread getting hijacked by something completely useless.

Bosworth said...

Off topic, but does anyone know what was happening at Jonquil Terrace and Ashland about 9:30 Friday night? At least 8 police cars and 2 or 3 unmarked cars at the intersection. One SUV was being searched. Probably about 75 to 80 people on all the street corners watching.

Chip Bagg said...

RE: Off topic, but does anyone know what was happening at Jonquil Terrace and Ashland about 9:30 Friday night?

Yes....that was a "wine and cheese"
special event held by the Rogers Park Garden Group. (Didn't you see their flyer?) Please notice how they have beautified that hood.
The police were searching the SUV for weed. Those pink-faced fat ladies of the group like to grow their own. They had promised free samples....hence the 75 to 80 people in line.

Razldazlrr said...

chipp bag - that's really not very nice - you shouldn't knock and insult people that are trying to make the neighborhoods nicer for everyone

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs