Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Never Went Away

Beat 2431 Open Air Drug Market Still in Full Operation

G-3

G-4
This was 1340 W. Morse before I left for Duluth last Wednesday night. Open Air Drug Market Salesman working for hours... with-out problem.
G-1
Looking out for more.
G-2
Still more looking out and waiting for customers.
This Morning-5:00 am - 6 am.

G-5
G-6

So, this is what I woke up to upon returning from Duluth. Flash foward a week, nothing changed. Four Salesman working the 1345 W. Lunt vestibule. My neighbor also was woke early up by these loud salesman. She told me they have been doing this for an hour... slinging crack, gambling, drinking and taking camera phone pictures of themselves. And on top of this, they were littering.

She called 911. She has two young boys and is scared to have them out playing. She is afraid of retaliation if she asked them to be quiet. She asked if I could do anything? I told her I would try.

I have featured this property before. I have featured this problem before. 1340 W. Morse and 1345 W. Lunt. Pure trouble this building has been.

It's not like the Alderman doesn't know... He does, I've told him before. He doesn't listen. It's just east of the tracks, away from the camera. These guys were working the corner for all it's worth. Like they did west of the EL on Morse before the Morse POD camera.

Well, someone better do something and quick. I'm tired of calling 911 at 5:30 in the morning and not getting service... then going to CAPS meetings and finding out the detective doesn't get the information until they arrive at a later hour.

Kevin O'Neil, I know you read this, get off your lazy ass, stop gossiping on the CTA rider habits and get this information to the proper channels... Get this removed NOW. You volunteered, do something or step down.

I'm mad this morning. I'm fired up now, can you tell. I was so mad I forgot about the Alderman's Pal and the Squatter Property on Greenview, they still are living there, even after the crappy board up job after last weeks story. Follow up this week.

No comments:

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs