Sunday, March 5, 2006

* Craig Gernhardt Responds

Dear Dave Fagus,

Thank you for being so prompt in responding to my photograph blog about John Stroger's poster illegally posted on public property.

One comment of yours upset a couple of neighbors of ours in the 49th ward. Enough so that phone calls were made to the Claypool campaign office. Lips started moving. Something like those "secret whisper campaigns" Forrest Claypool spoke about on Thursday night. Kinda like what your boss does to Forrest Claypool.

Now some are saying, you are trying the tactic on me.

You seem to believe I am the 49th ward campaign manager for the Forrest Claypool campaign. This comment caused a stir in the Forrest Claypool camp too. The behind the scenes workers who have spent months with Forrest Claypool felt insecure and threatened I guess?

The Claypool campaign asked me to set the record straight on my blog.

This position you titled me doesn't exist. As the former James Report reporter correctly reported, "I am no more, or no less, a volunteer". I take no money for this activity. I am a just a supporter and a person who will cast a vote on March 21st.

The Claypool campaign has ordered me to tell my readers, Craig Gernhardt doesn't "call the shots" in the 49th ward. O.K. that's done. Is everyone happy now?

Can I go back to shaking a few hands, kissing a few babies and distributing a few posters?

Sincerely,

Craig Gernhardt

7 comments:

Knightridge Overlook said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gf said...

craig-

may i suggest mr. fagus spend more time re thinking the brilliantly conceived political strategy known as the " Traveling Happy Heart Show" rather than spending taxpayer money on snide remarks and innuendo in letters to blogs.

if you must continue this activity, please use the forum to forward something positive for rogers park.

and please inform us as to when the group formerly known as WE NEVER READ THE BLOGS INC., changed the corporate mandate and reprinted their business cards.

i did a study on the "happy" strategy on rpr if anyone's interested.

gf said...

mr. blog administrator sir-

you can share the study if you feel so inclined.

Craig Gernhardt said...

sick nicki called the elders......>"fogies"

What is a "fogie" nicki?

gf said...

thank u, loyal holers'-

i believe mr. fagus as do the rest of current leadership, incorrectly assume that the grey matter between our ears, does not work properly.

in my view and imho, this is a gross miscalculation on their part.

that incorrect assumption will be proven wrong.

Toni said...

Sally said: "How many times are people going to use the excuse no one reads the blog"

Of course they read the blog(s)to see what the public really thinks! They're too afraid to ask for themselves, they might hear the truth which, in true corporate twist of words, would be spit back out as NEGATIVE. In case any new neighbors have never had the opportunity to participate in an election here, be prepared for all kinds of dirt, and lie-mongering. Some will stoop to any depths to stay on top of their little hills, including spreading the word 'don't respond to the blog posts'. That includes not only Mr. F, Mr. M, but several organizations who have a card in this poker game! They don't want their TRUTH revealed.

gf said...

neighbors-

i believe in giving all people a fair hearing, whether I happen to disagree with them or not. I have given our alderman his fair hearing and then some. I just happen to disagree with almost everything he says and almost every “on the ground instance” of his ideology, whatever that may be these days.

my responsibility as I see it, is to wade through the distortions, the lies, the wool over our eyes disrespect and the manipulations. i will not be reactive or disrespectful, but I will, at every opportunity, highlight the truth, the real truth, and cut through the pablum style propaganda we are being fed.

and neighbors, the truth is our ally, no matter who we happen to support for new Alderman.

the truth and our cooperation will be our strength. Don’t let them divide us. our cooperation will divide them.

And there is one thing I am too old to care about these days and that is getting credit or rpr being the number 1 blog. i am so past that stuff, it isn’t even funny.

because honestly, this is the first time in my life that I am beginning to understand the true meaning of Public Service and unfortunately, i think our alderman has forgotten this most important concept.

this is about US, all of US, who realize we need a voice in our future and a change in the current exclusive processes that are set up to remove us from our rightful responsibility as citizens. And this is about rogers park and how we want our neighborhood to reflect who we are, not how they think it should be. They have no idea who we are and they don’t care. They are not listening.

and there is another concept that I heard talked about when i was growing up and that belief is what drives this effort, first and foremost. it is the belief that, as a parent, I should work hard, sacrifice, try to teach my daughter well and try as hard as I can to leave our little neck o' the woods in a better place for her.

this higher personal responsibility dictates that I will continue to raise awareness of our predicament here in our little neck o' woods.

and i WILL NOT be dissuaded, cave or capitulate no matter what pressure might come my way.

Sometimes getting old has it's advantages.

and sometimes ya'just gotta do what ya' know ya'gotta do.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs