Monday, January 8, 2007

* Rider Building Early Morning Waste Removal


Beep - Beep - Beep - Beep. No, it's not the alarm clock going off. It's the Flood Brothers Waste Removal service at my bedroom window. And it's 4 freaking 15 in the morning. This isn't suppose to start until 7 a.m. Tell me this is just a nightmare, this can't be happening. It's way too early. Even my 'noise buffer fan' can't drown out the loud noise. I put the pillow over my head, trying to cover my ears. And that's not working either.

The beeping stopped, but I can't go back to sleep. Now we got the clanging and banging of the dumpsters to the garbage truck. Metal on metal. This clanging and banging sounds are worse than the beeping noise. I had to get up and record this unneighborly crap, even if it's 4:15 a.m. and dark outside. I wonder how Mr. Rider would like it if we went to his house at 4:15 in the morning and started beeping our car horns and clanging metal garbage cans together? Do you think Mr. Rider would like that?

Not having my first cup of coffee yet, I still was able the get the recorder going. But it was too late. The Rider building waste removal job was finished. The short You-Tube clip (15 seconds) is the driver having to tightly maneuver the big waste truck out of the Rider building, then the driver raced down the narrow alley like it was some sort of competition and onto his next job of waking up another neighbor too early.

Blognotes: Stay tuned for garbage and waste problems at the Rider Building Part Two tomorrow.

Today's Bonus Blog: This blog bumped another blog I had ready to post. I'll have another informational blog post for the aldermanic candidates (and concerned taxpaying citizens) by noon.

6 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

Here's the code, Sec. 30-458. Scavenger operations. All scavenger operations in the County, commercial and municipal, shall limit the actual contact hours involved in the pickup of refuse and all other solid waste in any residential or business-commercial zone (R-1, R-2, R-3, R-4, R-5, R-5A, R-6, R-7, R-8, C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4 and C-5 ) wherever regular human occupancy is involved by virtue of residence only and such contiguous portions of any I-1, I-2, I-3 or 1-4 zone within 600 feet of any such place of regular residence or the institutional equivalents (hospitals, nursing homes, etc.) to the period of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

CommonSense said...

I'm very curious as to what Joe Moore's office says about this. As I stated in the last post on this subject, this is EXACTLY the type of thing JoMo is supposed to take care of.

Joe Moore fan, I don't understand your post, please explain.

Ryne said...

Commonsense; good question! "What does joes office say about this issue"?

Answear, it would depend on how tight is the compant picking up the trash, how much does Mr Rider contribute to joes campaign?

You see joe is in office to help those who help joe, not to help the people of the 49th ward!

Toto said...

Day 12: No endorsement.

I know I'm being silly, but I'd really like to see you get behind a candidate.

rogerspark60645 said...

Thanks for reminding me to write an e-mail to Alderman Stone about this. I always forget by the time I get to work, but the same thing happens to me at 4:45 a.m.

proGun said...

Water Ballons.
Lots and lots of water ballons.
Its cold and from that elevation that would be an easy hit.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs