Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No Lighting on Morse Avenue

I've been getting a lot of people asking why I haven't done anything about the lighting around the Morse Streetscape area. I tell them I'm not an electrician. Seriously, there's nothing I can do - other than show you photographs of lights not working.

Morse Avenue lights don't work

A cone marking where the new light should go is tipped over 

A sawhorse marks where a new streetscape light should be by now

Morse and Glenwood street pole has been hit by a car, leaning over like it's going to fall.

Looking at these photographs you'll notice a couple things.

1.) The old lights aren't working.

2.) The new streetscape lighting hasn't been installed.

It makes you wonder why the streetscape work stopped? It can't be the cold. I've seen lighting work being done in other areas of the city. Just last week they were installing new lighting on Lake Shore Drive, near Hollywood.


Why is it this project has been a heel-dragger from moment one? It took forever to get the project going. It's taken forever to finish it. If you're not going to give us the new lighting, at least get the old ones to work.

I'm hoping these same people who bitch to me are also bitching to their local big-wigs who wield the power. Like Kimbery Bares, Joe Moore and Brian White. The darkness in the evening where the lights aren't working makes it a very dangerous area to be in. Can't our big-wigs see that? Or, is it too dark?




9 comments:

Craig Gernhardt said...

On a positive note. The sidewalk on Morse Avenue has been cleared of snow.

Razldazlrr said...

I have emailed the Alderman's office with no reply - I can't believe they just let it be dark. It's scary enough on that street getting off the L at 6:00 pm without it being dark!!! I guess that's a plus to the cold, at least there aren't as many lowlifes hanging around!

billyjoe said...

"On a positive note. The sidewalk on Morse Avenue has been cleared of snow."

Craig, you are one passive-aggressive mofo.

I live here too said...

Living in this City will do that to you.

mcl said...

Could someone explain to me when and how Brian White was given the responsibility and authority to deal with Ward issues, i.e., street lighting, etc.?

Unknown said...

Glad that this is being addressed, I will let ward 49 offices know about this as well.

We cant let the Heart of Rogers Park grow dark.....

Razldazlrr said...

My friend called the Alderman's office and they said two circuits are down and it will be repaired tomorrow (Wed)

Craig Gernhardt said...

===Could someone explain to me when and how Brian White was given the responsibility and authority to deal with Ward issues===

He doesn't. All Brian is good for is creating studies. Maybe Brian can try to tap into some government money to do a study as to why the lights are out on Morse Avenue.

Chip Bagg said...

I like the dark. It is easier for me to dump my garbage on the parkway outside of the Common Cup and along Wayne Ave without being noticed. My dumpsters are too full so I have to get rid of it somewhere. Don't judge me, people.

'Broken Heart' Past Blogs